Soft baked and dreamy…
- soft, as they rise while baking
- strong molasses and ginger flavours
- makes 36 cookies
- spices: cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg
- blackstrap molasses needed!
- bakes in under 1o minutes
Soft baked Gingerbread Cookies
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
In a large bowl beat the butter until fluffy and air incorporated. Add the brown sugar and molasses and beat until combined without any sugar lumps. Next, beat in egg and vanilla until one cohesive batter appears.
In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves. Once whisked, add the dry mixture into the wet in thirds, folding them together with a wood spoon, spatula, or electric mixer. Once a ball of dough appear, wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes or refrigerate for about an hour before baking.
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line your baking sheets and line them with parchment paper.
On a floured working surface roll out the the dough about half the ball at a time. Cut out cookies to 1/4 inch thick and place on your baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart.
Once done, let cool for 5 mins and enjoy !
Bake cookies for about 9-10 minutes. However, this timing may vary based on your cookie size. Always be aware that cookies firm up as they cool. So, these cookies are soft baked and will seem soft and puffed up after 8-9 minutes, but as they cool they will be perfectly cooked, while also being soft and delicious!