Rich chocolate brownies with little surprises in each bite!
About this Recipe:
- Rich chocolate brownies
- topped with mini eggs just after pulled out of the oven
- cake-like but almost fudgey consistency
- even inside, nicely cracked crust on-top
- makes one 9×13 inch pan *in pictures the recipe is halved*
- Firstly the flour, baking powder, and salt are sifted then set aside.
- The remainder is on the stovetop.
- Firstly in a large saucepan the butter is melted completely and the cocoa is added.
- once no clumps of cocoa appear in the melted butter, the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract are added,
- *be sure to use a whisk for stirring and let cool before eggs are added to ensure there are no scrambled eggs!*
- lastly the flour gets added to the saucepan with the chocolate mixture and stirred until no lumps of flour are present.
- poured into the pan and baked , topped with mini eggs and ready to devour!
A little surprise in every bite
A Couple Quick Tips for Success
Make sure to prepare the batter on the stovetop on very low heat!
Constant stirring to ensure no burning inside saucepan
Do not put any mini eggs in the batter (they won’t bake well) just add them on-top after. Plus they are sweet enough! few eggs per slice will be enough!
Easter Brownies: mini egg topped
|Prep time||Bake time||Total time|
|15 mins||~30 mins||~45 mins|
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter *melted
- 1 cup fry’s
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F and line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment or butter the insides.
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
The remainder is on the stovetop. In a large saucepan, melt the butter on low heat and add the cocoa powder. Whisk until the butter is completely melted and cocoa has no clumps. Add the sugar and then turn the heat either extremely low, or remover from heat for a couple minutes before adding the eggs and vanilla. Consistent whisks needs to happen to ensure no burning to the sides of the saucepan. Once eggs and vanilla are in, turn off heat.
Once a thick chocolate consistency that runs smooth appears (like a thick chocolate sauce) add in the flour mixture to the saucepan and use a rubber spatula to fold in the flour. continue folding until no flour lumps appear.
Pour into the pan and bake for ~3o minutes on middle rack. They are done when a tooth pick comes out clean from the centre.
Right after removing from the oven place the mini eggs on-top and watch them melt deliciously!
let cool. slice. enjoy.