Fresh blueberries on top of lemony yogurt cake!
About this cake:
- Both lemon juice and zest for a strong lemon flavour
- Blueberries on top (not an upside-down cake, meaning you can see the blueberries as they bake on top of the cake)
- Yogurt cake with a bouncy consistency
- Strong lemon flavour!
- Quick and easy to make
The Method: A quick overview of the steps
- The yogurt, lemon juice, and lemon zest all get combined in one medium bowl
- In another bowl the butter and sugar get whipped together until fluffy
- The eggs and vanilla then get added to the butter/sugar mix
- In a third bowl the dry flour mixture gets made and is then sifted into the butter mixture
- The yogurt mix is now folded into the flour mixture
- Poured into a lined/greased pan and topped with blueberries to be baked
- Baked, cooled, and ready to enjoy!
|Prep time||Bake time||Total time|
|15 mins||~25 mins||~50 mins|
Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Cake
- zest/juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter *softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose or cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries for topping!
Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F and grease a 10 inch cake pan with butter, oil, or spray and set aside.
In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, zest, and the yogurt. Now in a medium sized bowl cream together the unsalted butter and sugar with an electric mixer, stand mixer or by hand and cream for 3 minutes or until fluffy and air incorporated.
In a third bowl, about medium size, sift together the dry ingredients; sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the flour mixture into the butter/sugar bowl and mix until completely combined and no flour clumps are apparent. Now, fold the yogurt/lemon mix into this flour mixture and the batter is done!
Pour evenly into the pre-prepared cake pan and top with blueberries all around.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean from the centre of the cake.
Dust with powdered sugar, slice, serve and enjoy!