Rich chocolate & Tart Cherries
Why You’ll love this Recipe:
- rich chocolate flavour
- simple one pan bake
- sweetness from soft cherries baked inside
- chocolate chips = double chocolate dreams
- simple ingredients; simple steps
- baked in under 30 mins
About the Recipe:
Did you know that many brownie recipes are made completely on the stovetop? well, now you know. This recipe is one of them! I find that in doing so, thick brownie batter with the most rich chocolate flavour occurs.
Through melting the butter in a large saucepan with the chocolate to a gentle simmer from the stovetop, the gentle heat infuses the chocolate very well. This is how such chocolatey brownies are achieved!
On the stovetop two precautions are needed. 1) keep it on low the entire time. 2) only add the eggs once the batter has cooled for a few minutes.
The process on the stovetop follows:
- melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan on low until a chocolate sauce like consistency appears
- Once cooled, add eggs and vanilla and stir in well
- sift in the flour, salt, and cocoa powder and stir until thick & lump free
- pour into pre-lined/greased pan
- bake for ~25-30 mins and top with chocolate chips and cherries
|Prep time||Bake time||Total time|
|10 mins||~25 mins||~40 mins|
yields: one 9 inch square pan
Cherry Chocolate Brownies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup black cherries (fresh or canned)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to (180 C) or 350 Degrees F and pre-line with a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Place a medium-large saucepan on the stovetop and set it to low heat. Melt the butter and chocolate until a smooth chocolate sauce-like consistency appears.
Next, turn off the heat and let the saucepan cool off for a few minutes; add the eggs and vanilla. Mix fully until thick and combined.
In a separate medium bowl, quickly sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt and fold it into the saucepan with a very gentle low heat. Mix until it is rid of any lumps of flour.
Pour batter into the pan and place in half the cherries (the rest are for after )
Bake for ~25-30 mins
Once out of the oven top with chocolate chips and watch them melt! Add more cherries as desired!
Leave a Reply