Why choose? Marble both Chocolate & Vanilla
About this cake
- Moist Cake batter
- sugar mixed in the chocolate glaze that cracks for great texture
- Both cocoa and chocolate solids in the chocolate batter
- stovetop double boiler method
- 60 mins in the oven
- 4 eggs = light, fluffy
- no butter!
- one cake batter, halved, then chocolate added to one
- beautiful swirl pattern!
- Make a double boiler is made on the stovetop to use the light heat to melt together 1/2 of the total amount of sugar, water, and cocoa powder. Once smooth like hot chocolate, 4 oz semi sweet chocolate solids/chunks are added until a smooth melted chocolate sauce appears. then take off the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla are whisk together until well combined; set aside.
- In another medium bowl the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining sugar are whisked together. Next, the flour gets folded into the eggs/milk mixture until a smooth vanilla batter appears.
- the separation. ~2 cups of the batter gets placed in another bowl and the (cooled) chocolate melt gets poured in.
- Lastly, the two batters (vanilla & chocolate) alternate as you pour them not the *greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 60 mins at 325 Degrees F (160 C)
- Glazed with chocolate melt and ready to enjoy!
- the granulated sugar in the recipe is 2 1/2 cups. 1/2 is used for the double boiler in the chocolate sauce, the remaining 2 cups is for the cake batter
- The chocolate melt on the outside crackles as it consists of melted chocolate, hot water, and dissolved sugar
|Prep time||Bake time||Total time|
|15 mins||60-70 mins||1 hr 15 mins|
Marble Bundt Cake
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and grease a 10 inch bundt cake pan. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, create a double boiler and combine the cocoa powder, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the water. let the sugar dissolve in the water then add the cocoa powder. Once smooth, add the 4oz of semi sweet chocolate and whisk until smooth like chocolate syrup. take off heat to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and remaining 2 cups of sugar. Add to the egg/milk mixture gradually and mix until a smooth (lump free) vanilla batter appears.
- Take 2 cups or almost half the batter and separate it by placing in another bowl. Add the *cooled chocolate* and mix it in, to create a chocolate batter.
- Now, alternate the batters while pouring them not the bundt cake pan.
- Bake fro 60-70 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the chocolate glaze: add 8oz of chocolate to 1/4 cups of boiled water with 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar dissolved in. whisk all until smooth, let cool slightly, and pour over the cake once it has also cooled.
Leave a Reply